For the pattern I chose was Simplicity 3608 from 1951. I'll definitely make this pattern again.
I had to grade it up one size and shorten it 6 inches.
A dress like this calls for a smart belt. Fortunately I had just the belt kit in my stash of stuff.
I had a hard time deciding how to do the shoulder tabs. The pattern shows them sticking up.
And here they are tacked down:
I tried wearing them sticking up, but they kind of bothered me. Here I am in San Francisco, the day before St. Patrick's Day with my shoulder tabs sticking up. After we got done taking the photos, I tacked the shoulder tabs down. I prefer them that way.
Another shot of the dress. The sun was so bright everything washed out, but I think you can see the fit.
Before we got done taking photos, I made a friend...
One thing I really loved about this dress and the fabric, is that it didn't wrinkle. I packed the dress in a small suitcase, pulled it out a day later and it looked like I'd taken it off the hanger. If no one tells me that I match their cushions in the next few days, I might just make another sortie into the quilting cotton section of the fabric store.